Installation on Oracle's VirtualBox
- Obtain a DVD ("Hands on Lab V3") from Oracle containing a VirtualBox Solaris image. If Oracle's VirtualBox is already installed, only a double-click on the Oracle Solaris 11 Intro.ova file is needed.
- A similar version can be downloaded from Oracle's website: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/systems/hands-on-labs/s11-vbox-install-1408628.html.
- VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed so Copy&Paste between the Host operating system and Solaris will work out of the box.
- Read the documentation on the DVD.
- Username: lab, Password: oracle1
- Root: Password oracle2011
- Default keyboard layout will be english. Be prepared if you have a german keyboard : - ). Change it under System / Preferences / Keyboard
- Look for Germany, add & move up, close
Installing Oracle NoSQL under Solaris
blog comments powered by